Thursday, April 26, 2012

Less Processed. More DIY! DIY Brownie Mix, etc!

One of you lovelies wrote in this week and said you struggled most with eliminating processed sweets! Sweets...they get the best of all of us, right?! :)

Well, I have no magic trick. But here is my suggestion! Make it easier on yourself, you can premake your own little baking mixes, etc. so that they are just as convenient as running and grabbing some sweets from the store, etc! For me, the key is always doing things ahead of time so that they are still easy and convenient, you just don't have to buy them from the store and worry about what is in it!

So, pull out your favorite recipes...I needed to make brownies for my hubby's work potluck tomorrow, so I figured I would show you all brownies first! Just simply mix the dry ingredients. Put them in a ziploc and label it including the wet ingredients to add, temperate & time to cook it at! Easy as that! You can do this for just about anything using the same idea. Mix the dry ingredients in a ziploc, label the wet ingedients to add later. I like to make a few at a time so that again, they are there and ready and convenient for if I need them!

DSC_3069

If you don't already have a favorite homemade brownie recipe, here is what I do!

Mix all dry ingredients into bowl, then slide it in a ziploc!
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup of white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder



And here is what you need to add when you decide to use your mix, label it on the front of your bag!
2 eggs
1/2 c oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes

(Recipe from allrecipes.com, simply separated wet/dry ingredients!)

photo (2)


No comments:

Post a Comment