Monday, January 9, 2012

Toddler Valentine Snack Mix! ♥

I'm sure I'm not the only one seeing all these yummy Valentine's mixes on pinterest. Coated in powdered sugar, drizzled in chocolate, mixed with yummy m&ms, lovely right?! Yesss! But, I couldn't find many kid friendly options out there, so I decided to put together a cute little mix suitable for toddlers! And, I won't lie, I plan on eating some too! :)


There's still some things in here that my toddlers don't normally get, but as this is meant to be a 'treat', I think it's okay!

Toddler Valentine Snack Mix

Here's what we used:
-Cheerios (frosted! Mommy is getting crazy over here!)
-Yogurt covered raisins
-HappyBaby strawberry yogurt melts (you can find these with the baby food in various brands)
-Strawberry Frosted Shredded Wheat (various brands make these!)

the strawberry cereal has 11g of sugar, which is quite a bit more than my girls cereal normally has, but I went ahead and 'sprinkled' a few on as a treat for them! Other than that, I did about a cup of cheerios, 1/4 cup of both the yogurt covered raisins & yogurt melts. & Make sure to check the sugars/ingredients on the yogurt covered raisins, some of these were crazy, I'd recommend checking out a health food store!

You could also add some dried cranberries or strawberries
Dried Cranberries
animal crackers, etc!
Animal Crackers

have fun mixing up your own! ♥

P.S. this mix also looks ADORABLE layered in a mason jar, I'll probably post some pics later ♥

Linking over at IHeartNaptime!

12 comments:

  1. thats such a cute idea! (i was sent here by your sister Alicia :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog Laura! :)
    & Thank you! My daughter recently started her first extracurricular activity and I knew I needed to come up with something sweet--but not quite candy! My daughter loved it...hopefully the other kids approve! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Saw this on Pinterest. My 2 year old already likes most of what you included. Will definitely have to whip some up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! I tried to incorporate things that people with toddlers might already have on hand, so it makes me happy that it will be easy for you to whip up! Hope your little one enjoys it! :)

      Delete
  4. Love this idea! Now following :) I have a cooking blog and would love for you to stop by! Have a wonderful, blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ashley & Audra! Audra I followed you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum! I will have to keep this in mind for next Valentine's Day. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Going to make this for my kiddo's preschool snack on her birthday in February. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Just used this idea for our party yesterday and linked to you on my blog! :) Such a cute and yummy idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe! I mixed it up for my son's Valentine party and shared it here:

    http://crabandfish.blogspot.com/2013/02/preschool-valentines-day-snack-and-more.html

    Thank you for posting it!

    Best,
    mari

    ReplyDelete