Thursday, February 23, 2012

Roasted Soy Beans (Edamame) with Soyaki & Sesame Seeds!

Ok, first. I have a confession to make. I had coffee today. For the first time in a LONG time. But it was just sooo nice out and we were on the way to a play date and I figured it was okay, us mommies deserve play date treats too right?! :)
coffee

Well, anyway, that lead to what is up next. We do play dates every Thursday--the girls really love it and I do too! Normally after play dates the girls are so exhausted that I am lucky if we make the 5 minute drive home before they are sleeping. So, as soon as we get home they basically nap and I get my quiet mommy time. Normally, I enjoy the quiet with a work out and some...pinterest. :) But today I did my workout and I think the caffeine kicked in for a bit because I couldn't sit still. So, I decided to mix up my usual plain soy bean (or edamame) snack. Here's the recipe!

Roasted Edamame with Soyaki & Sesame:

2 cups cooked, shelled edamame
2 tsp Soyaki Sauce (ours is from Trader Joe's but I think there are similar kinds out there from other brands!)
1 tsp Sesame Seeds

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Start with your edamame in the bowl and simply add the soyaki and sesame seeds and mix!
Edamame and Soyaki

2. Spread the edamame in a single layer onto a baking sheet.
Roasted Edamame with Soyaki

3. Cook in the preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes, flipping about half way through! That's it, you're done! :) Enjoy!
Roasted Soy Beans with Soyaki and Sesame Seeds


Quick note on Soyaki Sauce: I know lots of you that follow are very healthy eaters! Soyaki, just like Soy and Teriyaki sauce can be on the high side depending on how much you use! As you make this, you'll notice it doesn't totally "stick". So, you won't even use a full 2 tsp! While wasting some sauce :( you'll be saving some sodium as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment